Saturday, February 14, 2009

Oh how I love thee…let me count the ways.




1. You make me coffee, even though you’re the one who has to get ready for work.
2. You love me in spite of because of my neurosis.
3. You give the girls a bath so I have time to myself every night.
4. You pray for our family.
5. You taught Kate how to pray.
6. You trust me implicitly and I know I can always trust you.
7. You listen to me.
8. You make breakfast on Sunday morning.
9. You try to let me sleep in when I’m sick.
10. You love to learn and push me to keep learning too.
11. You don’t give up even when it is difficult.
12. You believe in me even when I have a hard time believing in myself.
13. You held my hand when I was in labor (twice) even when all you wanted to do was stay in the waiting room.
14. You love our girls.
15. You don’t make fun of me too much, even when I make stupid mistakes.
16. You make me laugh.
17. You live ethically, even when it’s not the easy thing to do.
18. You work harder than you are required to because you believe your job is important.
19. You play in the floor with the girls and let them climb all over you.
20. You drive so I don’t have to.
21. You can quote everything you’ve ever read, heard, or seen.
22. You do complex equations in your head, but you can’t add and it makes me giggle.
23. You share my hopes and dreams for our future.
24. You want to get old and gray with me.
25. You love the same God that I love and you show me His grace and mercy in our family.



I am my beloved’s, and he is mine… (Song of Songs 6:3a)





No comments: