Thursday, August 19, 2010

You Create: Princess Dress



Kate's dress up dress had seen better days.

It was starting to fray and she's probably grown more than a foot since it was purchased. I'd looked at other dresses at the store, but they aren't inexpensive and the quality is pretty poor.

This week I went buy fabric for a new dress for Kate. I just winged it (wong it?). I didn't buy a pattern or anything and made it a little big for room to grow. I do think I should have pulled the bodice in just a bit more, but she doesn't care.

I present to you princess Kate:


Now Gabby wants a pink dress. Her dress is in great shape so I offered to make her a skirt out of the scrap, but she really wants a dress. Now to see if I have enough to pull it off.

7 comments:

Prudy said...

Great job!!

Anonymous said...

cute!!

Mandy Hornbuckle said...

Haha. Wong it. I think that's right. ;-) OH MY GOSH. You made a dress? Without a pattern? I mean, even with a pattern, I couldn't do it, but WOW. Great job!!

Jessica @ One Shiny Star said...

You're super talented. If I had to make a dress for my daughter (which... I don't have kids yet, but that's beside the point) she might look cuter in a potato sack than in something I had made. :P

Kaycee said...

Oh that is excellent! What a great idea - and it looks fabulous to me, without a pattern?? WOW!

Gitz 'n Jo said...

So sweet!!! And the dress is cute, too. :) I am so impressed you can just whip something like that together. Insane!

Kristy said...

Thanks ladies. :)