Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A Visit

The kiddos and I spent the weekend at my parents and got to spend some time at the church I grew up in on Saturday and Sunday. Justin was home slaving away on his dissertation--or enjoying the quiet working on his dissertation!

They had their 47th annual ice cream social on Saturday. Who would we be not to support such an event with our presence? I got to take my grandmother over, as both of my parents were working--my dad manned the grill (where they provided hotdogs and hamburgers for between 450-500 people) and my mom worked in the kitchen for the first hour, making sure that salads, sides, and desserts were kept out. So we had a good dinner, and of course enjoyed some homemade ice cream.

The girls also got their faces painted


and Miss Kate played in the inflatable.


Nate and I hung out with my Grannie--he liked her cane!

Evidently Kate got tired of answering the probably silly question, "Is this your little brother?" (seeing as most people knew this was indeed her brother). So what's a creative four-year old to say? "No, he's a purple kitty-cat."

Then sitting in church on Sunday morning, the minister was talking about the difference in a truthful story and a fictitious one, and he referenced I and II Chronicles and The Chronicles of Narnia. "How does he know about The Chronicles of Narnia?!" asked Kate


Of course, the children are never spoiled when we're there. So my nine month old wouldn't have possibly been begging the way he saw the dog beg for cake.



1 comment:

Bonnie said...

We enjoyed your visit. It's ALWAYS good to see.