Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Testing 1, 2, 3--or Not

I took Miss Kate for her kindergarten readiness testing today. Due to her birthday (she was born only 4 days before the cut off) the school officials offered to let her enroll in an early fives program. I was so busy turning down that program that I forgot to ask how she scored. I did learn that it wasn't entirely accurate as the day wore on and we found out more about the test. Kate was asked if she knew her numbers. She told the teacher that she didn't. A flustered Justin pointed at four or five different numbers on a paper and she got them all correct. She told us she doesn't know all of her numbers. I think it's okay if she doesn't go to kindergarten knowing pi or the square root of negative one, but evidently Miss Kate thinks she needs to know them all. I have to wonder what other things she might have held out on.



There was no need for the backpack today, but she had to take it with her, even if I made her leave it in the van. It's pretty, pink, and covered in Disney princesses. It's hard to believe that she'll be going to school next week!

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

What a little stinker!! I sure do hope she likes school when she gets there.