Monday, August 9, 2010

Brave or Crazy

Call me brave or call me crazy, but I ventured further from our new home than I ever had before. Admittedly the furthest I'd been before today without Justin was to Wal-Mart, so I suppose it's not saying too much. I drove a few towns south of us to take Nate for his formal portraits. Which also means, I took the girls along for Nate's formal portraits.

It went remarkably well. The girls needed several reminders to stay back, but Nate smiled his charming little grin. The photographer was finished in no time at all and we ordered our pictures and went on our merry way. On our way through I picked up a couple of items on clearance for Nate's summer wardrobe for next year--it's hard to pass up clothes at less than $2 each.

Then I did something crazy. I took them to eat lunch. I've tried fast food before. It has the obvious benefit of being, well, fast. The major down side is trying to carry Nate along with a tray of food and drinks while corralling the girls and not tripping over them. We went to IHOP. It's pretty kid friendly, so I thought it would be a good choice. Nate did get a bit bored while waiting for our food. He enjoyed his pancake and the girls got fun faced kids pancakes.

After that, we were already in the town with the Discovery museum that we went to last week, so since we have the family membership we stopped by there for about an hour.

I brought home three tired children and thought we might take a four person nap, but they are revolting. So much for the perfectly executed day. At least the pictures are done until the little guy turns one, everyone is fed, and we had some fun--even if someone other than the baby had to be bodily removed from the museum today (Gabriella) as her sister stomped and complained that we didn't get to do everything.

No comments: