Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Laundry Fairy

Have I told you I don't like laundry? Okay, I know, I have. I haven't done any since Sunday, so I've got four loads to wash, five to fold, and six to put away--yeah I left some in the dryer and I had folded kiddie clothes while they were sleeping and they sat in the laundry basket until today--shame, shame. And I'm sure it will happen again.

It's not the washing and drying I mind. It's all the folding an putting away that I detest. I can say this because I own a washer and dryer. I just need a folder and put-er away-er.

I've happened on a new scheme though...Kate likes to put away laundry. So now, while I'm putting away everyone else's laundry Kate puts away hers--I have it folded and sorted from top drawer to bottom drawer for her. Time saver, well not really because then Gabby wants to help and she needs help to help, but there will be a day that they can do it all by themselves, of course then they won't want to--but I'm all about bribery, I mean privileges and positive reinforcement.

Now to convince them that they really want to do the rest of my chores...

No comments: