Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Today I know I am a mother because...

I was actually grateful to be puked on--it meant the baby wasn't going to choke on what ever mysterious thing he'd picked up off the floor.

I made a 7 layer cake, even though a two layer would have been just fine. And I let the four year old in on the secret, even though she might slip with the 'surprise' before we actually cut the cake, because it's more fun to share a secret.

I was peed on and pooped on by two different little people today.

I was relieved to find that what I thought was blood was only food coloring, instead of upset by the mess.

I can change the diaper on a baby who is doing hand stands on the changing table.

The day after I emptied our laundry hamper I had to do more laundry (see both statements 1 and 3).

Washing the floors after all the kids were in bed was probably the most relaxing part of my day.

I am a mother. It can be exhausting. There are days it's down right hard, but I am grateful for my little munchkins.

No comments: