Monday, August 30, 2010

Manic Monday

Well, have you ever had one of those days?  I took the kiddos to the store, which is routine.  We grocery shop together every week, just the four of us.  There was nothing special about the time we went or anything, but today, oh today...

It started off simply enough with the regular, "Don'tClimbThat's" and "Com'ereRightNow's".  We were hunting for the number five--she'd had some trouble with it last week and I thought it would be good to practice it.  We we having fun finding 5's, 15's and 50's.  Then about a third of the way through, Gabriella decided that walking was just too much.  I had put Nate in the cart, so there were no other options, as I couldn't push the cart, pull down groceries, and carry her.  Along with two other important facts--my back couldn't do it anyway and she was just being difficult, her new favorite pastime.

I walked ahead and she would come catch up.  Then the screaming began.  Somewhere around the bread aisle I had to pick her up and carry her a few feet, screaming the entire way.  I didn't put her on my hip, but carried her in front of me.  She didn't like it, which was the point.  I had to carry her like that a few more times.  She cried when I carried her, she cried when she stood still, and she cried when she had to walk.  She cried all the way through the checkout.  She cried in the car until she fell asleep, and then she cried at home when she realized that she had lost the reward for being good at the store.

I hope I got everything we needed at the store today because I don't want to make another trip to the store if I can help it!



No comments: