Thursday, September 1, 2011

Tough as Nails

Miss Gabby is the more feminine and maternal of the girls. The other day I was reminded that doesn't mean she's not one tough cookie.

I've been taking the kids for a walk a few days a week. We enjoy the sunshine, the time out of the house, and we count the time in as part of Kate's PE. My kids love PE.

We had just turned around to head home and the girls were running ahead to the next mailbox holding hands. Very Norman Rockwell. Then Gabriella fell. Holding on to Kate's hand, she was not able to break her fall well. She scraped her knee pretty badly and cut her chin. I scooped her up and started to walk home carrying her and holding Nate's hand. Then my tough little gal looks at me and tells me that she can make the walk. And she did. She walked nearly half a mile home and let me clean up her scrapes. The only thing she cried about was the blood that got on her skirt. (Thank goodness for peroxide!)



Kate told us, "I would have cried and cried!" I know kiddo.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Tough as nails --- just like her Aunt Holly at that age!! Love the picture!