Thursday, September 29, 2011

Markers...

The other day we had out the markers for the girls to color some folders I got for them. If you know little kids and markers...well it can be a touch messy. I had hoped to distract Nate with crayons, but he's getting past the substitution stage at this point and must-have-what-sister-has. So I was thankful for washable markers and we went on with our day.

I sat right with the kids and kept an eye on them, since the baby boy had markers and who knew what he would do with them! After awhile, we packed it up for the time being. Nate was getting antsy and we needed to make a run to the grocery store.

Isn't this just a neat little postcard into the happy life of homeschool?

That afternoon as Nate was napping, I gave the girls the markers to work on their folders a bit more and headed to check my email. I hadn't even made it through all the subject lines in the list before I heard hysterical giggling. As a mom, there are three sounds that should send you checking on your children immediately: a very loud bang, complete silence, and this kind of laughter.

And I was again thankful for washable markers.

2 comments:

Jo-Anne said...

LOL ohmygosh. Have you tried colour wonder markers? They only show colour on the colour wonder paper. They work pretty well.

Jo-Anne said...

PS To be honest, I usually look like the girls when I use markers and I'm not even trying to lol.