Monday, June 27, 2011

Curio

Can I let you in on a secret? I have a hard time letting things go...in other words I'm a bit of a pack rat. I'm pretty good about somethings, but I have a hard time letting go of the sentimental. We don't have much of great value, but I like my memories!

Thankfully, I have a nice, pretty place to display some of these trinkets now.


A few years ago, I inherited my grandmother's curio cabinet.


It has the kids baby shoes (and mine too),


The girls' silver cups and a figurine that was a gift when I was expecting Kate,


Willow Tree figurines from a sweet gal who worked with my mom--one for Kate when her great grandmother died and one for us when we bought our house in Kansas,


Our wedding cake topper,


An ornament we bought on our honeymoon,


Doilies tatted by great, great grandmothers,


Folded paper stars from our exchange student from Denmark and a teeny tiny tea set that my Grannie bought for me when I was a little girl.

So maybe I was stalling a bit on my unpacking by taking pictures...shhh.

No comments: