Thursday, September 23, 2010

You Create: Canvas of my Own



So this week I completely stole my idea from Sara. If you haven't seen her painted canvases you've been missing out. They are beautiful, insightful, and inspiring. As wonderful as they are, I know that she's not been able to paint as much as she would like, so I tried, my very unskilled hand at it.


The girls love it, which is great, because as soon as I figure out where I put those picture hangers I'll put it up over their bed.

It is also fitting in that last week Kate and I were studying China, and therefore Chinese art. I told her that calligraphy was a way that they made art in their writing. She was a bit disbelieving at first, but changed her tune when she actually saw some in the book we got from the library. It seemed fitting that they would have written art after that too.

Thank you Sara for the inspiration. And my girls thank you too!

* * * *

Next week should hold a post about Kate's birthday cake!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

aw, cute. it's so bright and happy :)

Prudy said...

You did a GREAT job.

Kaycee said...

How fun! I think you did a great job - so cheerful and pretty!

Stitchingmum said...

Gorgeous Kristy, I'm sure it will be perfect for your girl's room :-)