Thursday, September 9, 2010

You Create: Birthday Invites


We're reaching birthday season around here. In fact in the course of less than 8 weeks everyone in the house has a birthday except Justin. Add in a healthy dose of our families birthdays (Justin's dad, my mom, and my sister all fall in that time too) and that's a lot of cake! I debated on how to do invitations for the kiddos parties. I finally settled on making them individual invitations and sending them together, so that we wouldn't have a lot of guests for Kate (being the first) and no one for the others. We'll see how it goes.

I tried to make the invitations fit who they are right now and the theme of their little parties. We don't do big expensive themed parties, but I make their cakes something fun--in the next few weeks we should have a castle cake (Kate requested it again), a lady bug cake, and a Cat in the Hat cake. Here are the invites I made:







6 comments:

Devon said...

Hey cool! I need to check this out for Dakin! Thanks!

S said...

Super-de-Duper! Did you use tinyprints or shutterfly? My favorite is the ladybug invite! Cute-Cute-Cute!

Kristy said...

I just created them using PowerPoint (using clipart). I emailed invites as pictures to friends and family and I'll just print a few copies locally.

Anonymous said...

how fun! that is a lot of birthdays all rolled into one :) i'm excited to see the cakes you make!

A Servant of Christ (who tries to be humble) said...

Too cool! I am loving the Cat In The Hat invitation!

Stitchingmum said...

They are fantastic, well done!!