Saturday, September 18, 2010

The Rocker


Every chair should be a throne, and hold a king
-Emerson

Okay so the little rocking chair isn't exactly a throne, but it was my grandfather's as a little boy. It's had fresh paint and some minor repairs over the years, but it has definitely stood up to a lot of children. There are picture of each of the four of us grandchildren in it. At this point, I'm the only one with little children, so we have the chair and it is technically Gabby's. We got Kate a rocking chair when she was one, so Gabby is using Grandpa's chair now.


Here she is on Christmas morning in 2008. She was so tiny.


This is a picture of Kate taken at my parents' house in the chair as well--she was 8 1/2 months old.


And of course Nate had to have a turn too.


1 comment:

Bonnie said...

When I was a little girl, there wasn't any paint on the rocker. It was dark oak with a nice shiny finish. Grandpa painted it blue and when I got it I painted it white.