Sunday, June 13, 2010

Not Long Now

Ack! Ack! Ack! We're moving. In like a week and a half! Ack!

Honestly, the mess that's left is really manageable. It is that really big rush at the end that I'm not looking forward to. You know the stuff that you can't live without until the end, like the kids, and a ton of their paraphernalia, and the coffee pot. Or does that count in with the kids, since they are much of what requires us to need that coffee? And the stuff always seems to multiply at the end. Not sure how that happens but in all my (many, many) moves it always happens.

Then we always try to leave the house spotless. My house hasn't been spotless since Gabriella was born. Every part of it has been spotless at times, but not the whole thing at once. I think it has something to do with the little tornadoes that always find something to get into while I'm busy scrubbing elsewhere. But I'll do my level best to be sure the house is as clean as humanly, well motherly, possible.

The kiddos have decided that the boxes are excellent tables, chairs (which we're trying to stop), and shelves. The 'shelves' are becoming quite convenient, as Nate can now reach almost all the places that the girls can, but not quite the top of the medium boxes! I bet they will have even more fun with all the furniture out of here.

By this time next week, I expect the house to be nearly empty. The big question is, will I be doing laundry here next weekend or was this my last weekend of laundry in Kansas?

I made my last big dinner on Thursday, you know the kind with the oven and all four burners going. It was Chicken Parmigiana, and it was tasty.



1 comment:

Bonnie said...

That dinner looks good!!