Thursday, October 7, 2010

You Create: Bumble Bee



Since it is October, I decided to do the kiddos costumes for You:Create. We're going with a bug theme this year. I've only made Nate's so far. He's going to be a bumble bee.



The biggest things for his costume was that it had to be easy to put on and easy to move around in, as he is happy to be mobile. I cut three () shaped yellow swatches and stitched them into a set, leaving an opening. Then I stitched the black stripes (folding a smidge at the seams to make the turns easier, as it is ball shaped). Then I stitched a front on--two seems for the shoulders, left two openings for the arms, and then two seems down the sides. By using fleece I didn't have to worry about turning all the edges to avoid raveling, so it was a quick little project.


And he's a cute little bug.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Oh, that is simply darling! You did a great job. :)