Thursday, October 21, 2010

For the Love...

This, my dear friends, is love.


This bracelet, sitting in a bowl, what does it have to do with love? Why is it in there? You don't want to know. Seriously, you don't.

Okay, but you can't say I didn't warn you...

See, I took the kiddos to the grocery today. No, I didn't buy the bracelet because someone asked me for it. We took it with us. I'm pretty strict about not taking toys out of the house, as I'm afraid someone will loose said toy and be sad ever after, but this was a bracelet, and it was on her arm.

We get about three-quarters of the way through the store when Gabby announces that she needs to go potty. Of course, I was worried about school this morning, and shoes, and socks, and convincing the girls not to wear sleeveless shirts when it's only 40 degrees, and I somehow let us leave the house without sending Gabriella to the bathroom first. So we marched back to the restroom, dutifully parked the cart in the hallway outside, and made use of the facilities. As we were preparing to make our get away, the cute little bracelet slipped off of Gabby's arm and...into the toilet. Blech.

Ever the mother, I retrieved said bracelet, wrapped it up and brought it home, and I'm soaking it in bleach, right along with my hands. And that, my dear friends, is love. And germs. But mostly love.

1 comment:

Devon said...

LOLOL!! You're a great mom. I would have told her it's a goner.