Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Little Pink Hair Bows

Justin took the girls shopping for me over the weekend. Kate chose flowers, so they gave those to me when they got home on Saturday afternoon.


The little vase is 'flowers' that Gabby picked for me from the yard that day too.

Last night they brought out Gabby's gift. I was a little confused: she gave me little girl’s pink hair bows. Generally we steer the girls a bit when we’re gift buying, so I wondered about it—since he could have pointed out some grown up hair clips next to that set.

Then last night after the girls were in bed Justin told me that when they went shopping he asked what they thought I needed. Kate immediately answered flowers, but Gabby stood there, clearly thinking. When he asked her specifically, she said, “Can I think some mo’?” A few minutes later she, very seriously, said, “Mama needs pink hair bows.” Justin said she was so serious and she’d thought so long he couldn’t say no. So I have hair bows that would look adorable in her hair, perhaps she can borrow them.


I don't think they are my style, but a very sweet and thoughtful gift.


1 comment:

Bonnie said...

How cute!!! I love your hair bows!! I bet you never forget what Gabby picked out for your birthday when she was 2!! ;-)