Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Kate Tells a Story

I got Kate a journal the other day. I saw it sitting on the shelf at Target and it just seemed perfect. Anyone who knows Kate knows she likes to tell stories, so we got this for her to write about things that have happened or fun stories that she creates. Plus she gets a chance to practice her writing and drawing skills. And we can all enjoy those crazy things that go on in the mind of my five year old...like this! I had her tell her story, I wrote it down (quickly), and she copied it into her book.



Once upon a time there was a pumpkin that was at [our address], and it was scary because it was a vampire. And there was a baby pumpkin that was just a pumpkin. The pumpkins were on fire. They spit on each other to put the fire out.

The End.

*And so you know, I do ask her permission to share her work on my blog.*

FYI: The Journal is a Primary Journal by Mead--not a compensated review, just passing the information on!

3 comments:

ann said...

I'm really impressed. I think I was doing stuff like this in second grade.

Bonnie said...

How does she even know about vampires? What an imagination!

Kristy said...

We read the book "Bunnicula," which is about a vampire bunny that keeps sucking the color out of all the vegetables in the house. :) She does have quite the imagination!