Thursday, May 20, 2010

Go Fly a Kite

I remember flying a kite a grand total of once as a kid. My Daddy took me across the street into the field with the neighbor's cows. I was so scared of those cows that I'm sure I was no fun. Justin, however, had fond memories of kite flying and Kate's been begging to fly a kite for quite awhile. So for Justin's birthday he wanted to fly a kite with the girls. It rained a lot last week, but Friday it was nice enough to get out with the kite.


Getting ready


Showing Kate how to do it


Kate had pretty good luck. She can run pretty well, which helps. She did get it caught in a few trees, but nothing too tall for Justin to be unable to reach.


Gabby had a bit less luck. Perhaps in part because she kept heading toward the kite instead of away from it.

The girls decided that the playground looked like more fun after awhile.


Here's the handsome troll who terrorized the bridge.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Looks like so much fun!!! Love the pictures;)