Thursday, October 1, 2009

Happy October

Rain, rain go away. I don't mind an occasional sprinkle, but the downpours I can do without. It's one of those days to stay home and do nothing. Thankfully no grocery shopping, gymnastics, or appointments are scheduled for today!

I prefer a nice spring or fall day with moderate temperatures and warm sunshine. But here in Kansas, we spend three-fourths of the year with harsh winds (at least to this Kentucky girl). We did have a lovely, mild summer. I'm very thankful for that.

With the crisp fall weather, we get to do things like take a trip to a pumpkin patch,


Last year's pumpkin

bake with yummy apples, and pull out the warm sweaters.


Last year's warm sweater!

Maybe I'll get the things to make s'mores and well roast marshmallows in the fireplace. Oh, and of course this means that baby will arrive next month!



P.S. Who replaced my little gals with this huge children?

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

That's such a cute picture of the girls in their Sunday dresses.