Tuesday, October 27, 2009

What a Tease

I woke up Monday morning at about one-thirty with pretty strong contractions. I thought I'd try to doze between them. Well, that didn't work out so well. I thought, I'll let every one sleep as long as possible. We'll have the baby later this morning and then I'll take a nap this afternoon.

Five o'clock came and the contractions stopped. You're kidding, right? I doze off until the alarm goes off at 5:30. Justin gets up. I doze until he gets out of the shower. Then I drag myself out of bed and get ready for the day. Surely getting moving will bring the contractions back, right? Nope.

So I spend my day sweeping the floor, doing the dishes, running through a load of laundry, running to the grocery store, and taking Kate to gymnastics (where Gabby decides the restroom, which has no outside door, is a great place to play--resulting in at least two crying fits and a time out in her car seat in the van). Surely in all this activity something will happen, right? Nope. We come home, where I am sure at this point my two children will sleep so I can nap, right? Nope.

In the middle of all of this I find out that my group is supposed to bring breakfast to MOPS in the morning. Will I even be there, I wonder as I make plans for cooking? Before bed I make pumpkin bread and a breakfast casserole. Telling my husband, at least we can give the extra bread to the nurses if we go tonight. He asks, "Are we going?" I sigh. I don't know--I evidently am not a good judge of that!

Off to bed I went, but still no baby. It's not nice to tease, Ehud. Do you hear me?

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

Okay, I'm packed. Anytime now will do!!!

ann said...

Are you having Mexican food tonight?

Ashley said...

WOW girl you sure had a full day...maybe tomorrow it will happen;)

Tabitha (From Single to Married) said...

poor thing!! I bet you're ready to have this baby already!! :)