Friday, July 3, 2009

Independence Day

Tomorrow is Independence Day. I'm proud of my family members who served to protect this country. My grandfathers both served very briefly at the end of WWII, my Daddy served in Vietnam and my cousin Drew served recently in Iraq.

Our country is not a perfect place, nor do I agree with all of the decisions made by our elected officials. Quite to the contrary, I often disagree strongly. I am blessed to live in a place where, at least for now, I can disagree aloud with these decisions and vote in elections to try to change things. I toted both of my girls with me to vote in November. May we all remember as we celebrate with back yard BBQs and fireworks that these freedoms came at a great cost and we should be proud of them and exercise them.

No comments: