Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Changes Con't

Well, last night didn't work out with Gabby staying in her big girl bed, but perhaps that will help us in the long run. She wants the big bed, so putting her back in the crib when she didn't comply with staying in bed might help her learn.

She napped for about thirty minutes in her big bed today, until Kate decided that screaming that she didn't want a nap was a good idea. I tried putting her back in bed and staying with her, but she refuses to sleep with me there (we'd tried that last night too). So I put her in her crib for awhile, but she wasn't quite tired enough to give in, though believe me she was a tired young lady this afternoon!

Also...

We're also at the beginning of potty training. She's been doing a great job with #2, so I put her in training pants today to see if feeling wet would trigger a response. It didn't work in the couple of hours we worked on it. I was taking her to the bathroom every hour, but she always wet between. She also never told me she was wet, so that could be a bit of a challenge, if she doesn't care about being wet. We'll take this one as it comes. I was so invested in it with Kate and she took so long, that I figure I'll let Gabby lead the way a bit more and not try to push too hard. I'll give her opportunities and I'll likely try the training pants again soon, but I'm not going to let it run our lives. Justin is thrilled with the possibility that the diaper pail won't stink so much when he has to change the liners, at least until baby #3 is on solids.



2 comments:

Bonnie said...

She's growing up so fast right now!! She doesn't even "look" like a baby in her pictures anymore.

Kristy said...

Justin gets on me for calling her a baby still. So does Kate. I'd stopped by now with Kate, but I guess she's still a baby to me compared to Kate...