Thursday, March 4, 2010

Death and That Other Thing...Well, Really Just That Other Thing

Can I let you in on a little secret? I hate doing our taxes.

I'm not sure why I hate it so much.

With Justin's position and three kids, it's not like we owe anything this April 15th. Actually we usually get a refund, especially since we have had babies in the last part of the year and we weren't getting their deductions from the taxes withheld from our checks.

I'm organized and keep all of our papers in one place. I even switched from paper to e-filing, so it's just a little time at the computer, not all the time to get the forms and make copies like I used to do.

Maybe it's all those years of filling out IEP (Individualized Education Plan) forms that gives me the hee-bee gee-bees. I was always terrified I'd make an error on those and it's the same with the tax forms.

Well, I put the taxes to bed for the year. Here's to another year until I have to fill out the dreaded forms again!

No comments: