Sunday, August 30, 2009

200th post and 30 weeks!

It's hard to believe that we're already marking the 30 week point in this pregnancy. I saw my midwife this week. We're currently measuring nearly three weeks ahead. She said these things "can" even out. When I go back in two weeks, we'll see where we are. Hopefully this little growth spurt will slow down and we won't have to worry about it at all, but I am trying to get my little projects all finished up so I'll be ready early if we have an early arrival.

The last part of this pregnancy has been smooth so far, which I am quite thankful for. With Kate I was starting to swell greatly by this point, and I was drinking more than two gallons of water a day. With Gabby, I had horrible hip pain and had great difficulty sleeping. So I have been pleasantly surprised so far. While I know that quite a bit can happen in ten weeks, I am quite happy to enjoy each of these days.



We're looking forward to meeting our new little one and finding out pink or blue. That's another item on my to-do list, choosing hospital going home outfits for each gender, so we will be ready either way. That's still below picking a name. This poor child is still nameless if he is a boy! We've had a girl name picked our for quite awhile (you would think we'd be running out of those), but every time we agree on a boy name Justin changes his mind, so we'll see! Just under ten weeks to go.

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

We never did agree on a boy's name. Lucky for us we had 2 girls!!

Tabitha (From Single to Married) said...

Congrats to you and you look great! 30 weeks is such a milestone! :)

Bonnie said...

I was just thinking about that hip pain you had with Gabby. Maybe it was caused by moving into that house and having to go up and down stairs a lot more than you were used to, on top of being 7 months pregnant?? Now that you've lived there for a couple of years, you're used to making those trips up and down the steps. Hopefully you won't have that problem again.

ann said...

Here's hoping you can agree on a boy's name soon. That little guy is going to be here before you know it. :)