Sunday, August 2, 2009

One of those days...

Ever have one of those days?

I woke up this morning not feeling well, after a night of restless sleep, even though I went to bed early. Off to church we went. Gabby, who always is excited to see me when I come to get her from the nursery cries and kicks me because she wants to stay where the little baby was getting his diaper changed. We get home and I pull out the food I had planned to prepare for lunch--it had expired. We can always eat peanut butter right? Nope. We don't have enough bread because I wasn't planning sandwiches for today.

I spend the afternoon nursing a headache and tending to the girls. Drag myself to the kitchen to make dinner. Where I burn the rice. I've never, done that before. Some kid throws a soda bottle at the kitchen window (they've played ring and run a lot here lately, but I guess that's not exciting enough anymore).

After dinner we head out to buy a tool that Justin needs to make a repair to his car (he's had one of those days too). I knew how to get to the mall, so I didn't bother with directions. Guess what--the mall doesn't have a Sears! We drove all the way up there for nothing!

Can I have a do-over?

No comments: