Friday, August 28, 2009

Little Miss Independent

Well, it appears that Miss Gabby has decided that age two has come a bit early to our house. All the sudden my compliant youngest (middle?) child has decided that she wants to do it herself. I like that in many ways, but there are some things she just isn't physically capable of. She refuses to let me talk her through it, show her (by pointing) what to do or, heaven forbid, help her.

It started with her car seat. She wants to buckle it before getting into it. Now it's buckling her booster seat (which she can actually do). And getting dressed. This would be almost comical, except that she doesn't give up after failing even ten times and kicks me every time I get close.

As big as she's being in some regards, she's very reluctant to give up the crib. I can convince her to sleep in the big bed at night, but she still gets up quite early and sometimes in the middle of the night. She refuses to nap in the bed at all.

We'll get there, girlie.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Miss Independent? Sounds like her mama was once upon a time.