Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Gotcha

We've had quite a few "ring and runs" lately. They are, of course, annoying. Last night we were finishing dinner and I was at the sink when we heard the noise of our doorbell ringing. What the little fellow didn't expect was that right behind the kitchen curtain sat my husband, who yanked it back and saw him. Justin has never been one for running shoeless, but I (barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen--ha!) took off after him. His excuse to me was that his friends told him to. I looked him right in the eye and told him, "You are old enough to know better. Take me to your mother." His mother sent him upstairs and he came by to apologize (with his big brother as a witness) later. He's not happy with us at all, though we thought he was let off rather lightly being allowed back out to play within the hour. He glares at us every time he sees us now, hopefully this will end well though. If he is held accountable for these childish shenanigans, perhaps as a teenager he will stay out of bigger troubles.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Hope that puts an end to your ring and runs.