Saturday, September 5, 2009

Phew!

Okay, first how did it get to be September already? I turned the page on my calendar this week to be greeted by a month of busyness. Our MOPS group resumes this coming week and this is also the beginning of Kate's gymnastics class. There are various other appoinments for the girls and for me as well. It looks like this SAHM (stay at home mom) will be taking the show on the road a bit more than I have in the past, at least for the next month.

Aside from the busyness of the week, which included a nice little trip to the park, our weekly grocery shopping, and several other items of business, I've been absolutely exhausted. It's typical to start feeling a bit run down in the third trimester, but this unfortunately goes beyond just the pregnancy fatigue.

The girls have been waking regularly through the night this past week. Kate would call for me calmly and then say she had a bad dream. It didn't really appear that it was the case and we finally told her that's why I felt so bad because I hadn't had a full nights' sleep, despite going to bed at ever earlier times all week, and she hasn't called the past two nights. Gabby however doesn't get reason. I'm truly at a loss. We want her to feel safe, secure, and loved. She was always a good sleeper, so it never worried me to go and put her back to bed when we moved her into her new bed. We didn't stay to play or talk to her--it was all business--but now she is getting up at all hours. Between Justin and I, we were up five times during the night last night. Unfortunately, it can take quite a bit for me to get back to sleep these days, since the little jaunt into Gabby's room seems to wake up our little kickboxer, who spends the next two hours violently reminding me of his or her presence, to the exclusion of sleep.

I promise myself that some day I will sleep again, but I wonder when that will be!

No comments: