Monday, April 12, 2010

Good Night, Sleep Tight, or Not

I know it's nearly impossible to believe that a little boy as cute as this:



can be such a little stinker. But he can--believe me. We've had lovely company, but with that I've made every attempt to let them sleep. After a busy day with the munchkins I was sure that they needed a quiet night. That, however, has created some poor habits in our little fellow, who was already getting up 2-3 times a night. Now it's more like 6 times a night.

Last night, we decided to try to end this silliness. We knew he didn't need to eat every 90 minutes, so I would pat and soothe him. Nate disapproved of this change in policy. Loudly. Repeatedly. And nothing I did kept him quiet for more than 2 or 3 minutes.

At 3:30 AM the pack & play found it's way to the kitchen and Nate got his own room for the very first time. We were able to grab a little less than two hours of sleep before Justin's alarm clock went off. And the little guy--he fell off to sleep shortly after he was put down there. Of course.

No comments: