Sunday, January 24, 2010

Him & Hims















Can you guess what these are for?

We're in the midst of potty training munchkin #2. Kate started with it very early, showing interest at 18 months. She has proven in all things, to be a stubborn young lady, and was finally day time potty trained just before she turned three. It was a long battle ridden process.

With Gabby, I have let her take the lead much more. She did use the toilet some over the summer and occasionally asked through out the fall. We praised her and gave her stickers. Sometimes we'd ask if she wanted to go, but progress was pretty slow. I pulled out the training pants this past week and asked if she wanted to try them. In taking her every hour, we still weren't 100% successful, but she did start getting her positive reinforcement (2 him & hims--M&Ms anytime she goes and she gets to call Gam when she goes #2). At her request she's back in diapers, but still using the toilet often. Today she asked me to go three times, plus at the church nursery.

I completely skipped the potty chair this time. Call it second time lazy mom not wanting to empty out and sterilize the chair if you want... We keep the potty chair in the van in case of emergencies. It actually takes longer because Gabriella insists on putting the ring in herself and moving the stool on her own, but it saves that transition and it helps with public restrooms. She also requires a lot of time to get undressed, as she likes to do it herself. I've started letting her go ahead of me and get set up before I go in because the entire process can take up to 15 minutes, which is a long time to leave Nate waiting or stand there holding him.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

I love it!! Even though I don't get to talk to her every day, I'm getting to hear from the Kansas bunch more often now!
Him & Hims --- funny ;-)