Monday, March 18, 2013

Bridal Shower

This weekend I had the pleasure of hosting a bridal shower for a gal at church.  Her kitchen will be decorated in red, so I did a lot of red in the decorations.



The groom conspired with me for our game.  I made a list of questions for him to answer about himself.  Each of the guests took turns reading off questions and the bride had to try to give his answers.  It was a lot of fun, though the bride decided that he should have to go through the same task, since it wasn't easy!

Some of the favorites were: What is his dream job?  and When did he decide she was the one?

I completely forgot to take a picture, but we also made a date night can.  The Kate, Gabby, and I painted craft sticks three different colors to represent different types of dates: white was for inexpensive and little planning, pink for more expensive and some planning, and purple was for greater expense and more extensive planning.  All of the guests got to write down ideas for fun date nights and put them in the can for them to use.

I also sent out a recipe card with each invitation, so that the bride could start a recipe box full of some of the best recipes from the church.

Wedding Cake Sugar Cookies (icing)


I also served quiche, deviled eggs, turkey roll ups, tuna salad, mock champagne, mints, chocolates, and a friend brought a fruit tray.

She received some lovely gifts and everyone seemed to have a nice time.

*I've included links to recipes I used that aren't ones I just make up.  As the comments suggested, I made the quiche recipe into two plates (but I added half again the eggs and milk).

1 comment:

Jo-Anne said...

Sounds like you did a wonderful job! Those cookies and that cake look amazing! Great job! :)