Monday, November 8, 2010

Visiting

After a very long week here last week, I packed up the kiddos and headed to visit my parents. We had planned the trip a couple of weeks ago, and by Friday everyone seemed sufficiently well to make the trip. My sister's birthday was last Monday and my mom's is tomorrow, so it was a nice chance time to make the trip, you know before everyone comes to visit this weekend for the baby boy's birthday bash! (How did that happen, by the way?!)

I hadn't made a list or packed at all in advance, but I seem to have remembered everything we needed, except my camera, so no pictures. But there was cake, presents, and family. I let the girls decide what to give Holly for her birthday. Kate decided on nail polish and Gabby thought we should by her a book. I did a little steering away from the hot pink they originally chose and gave them a few more muted choices for the polish and they came up with a steel gray color. Then we bought Hol a copy of The Chronicles of Narnia. Evidently she forgot our childhood rule that you can't buy anything for yourself near your birthday or Christmas, so she'll have to return the book, but we tried! I will also grant her that means she couldn't buy herself anything for the whole 4th quarter of the year, so I'll give her a pass.

The girls decided before we left yesterday that we couldn't come home...because of my parents' dog. Kate told us that, "Toby would be sad," and Gabby told us that, "Toby will bark for me." We had a better guess, that the eleven year old Yorkie will sleep now that his house is quiet!

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Toby did go to bed early, he also wanted his supper at 2:00 instead of 3:00. I don't think his internal clock liked the time change!!