Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Christmas Cards from Shutterfly

I try not to get in to the Christmas thing until after Thanksgiving, but as we moved this year we will be trying to send out our Christmas cards just as soon as Advent begins, so I've started thinking about those already. For the past few years, I've been making my own photo cards using pictures I've taken and PowerPoint. They have turned out pretty well, but the font isn't always as clean as I would like.

I've been using Shutterfly for photos for several years. My mom started with a site that was bought out by Shutterfly, so we have just always uploaded there. She does most of the ordering, but I do from time to time as well--I really need to update my photo albums at some point!

Last year I purchased some personalized stationary for our grandmother's there as well. This year they are having a special promotion for bloggers to get a free sample of their cards for Christmas. I've been paging through the many choices. I like this, this, this, and this one. I have requested permission to post pictures from the site, but I haven't heard back yet. If I get that permission, I'll post the pics so you don't have to click to see each picture.

I really like that they are offering cards on card stock and even in folding styles. The price on those is over my budget, but a really nice option for those who can afford it.

And if you are interested in linking up to get free cards, here is where to link up.

I have not received my cards yet, but when I do, I'll be sure to tell you how they turned out!

No comments: