Friday, April 19, 2013

Looking on the Bright Side

Sometimes it seems like when it rains it pours.  We had one of those weeks around here.

First Justin was in a fender bender.  It was inconvenient, but he's fine.  The car still runs.  We have good driving records, so we may not even have a raise in our rates, though we'll have to wait and see on that one.

Next up I had to go to the dentist.  I hate dentists.  I just don't go.  I went back in Kansas and had my teeth checked.  I was cavity free and had a cleaning, but I never bothered to find a dentist for me here.  Of course the kids go for their cleanings ever six months...  Well, I started having a searing pain at my gum line that got so bad I couldn't sleep, so figuring it had something to do with my lone wisdom tooth (that occasionally goes back into the gum) causing an infection, I went.  No infection in the gum, just a canker sore at the back of my mouth that causes pain to radiate and feel like my gum and tooth are inflamed.  So the appointment was covered by my dental insurance as a regular visit and despite the discomfort, I don't need any treatment.  Just milk shakes, well I had one and it was so nice and cold!

The following day our air conditioner went out.  It's pretty warm here--in the mid-eighties, but it isn't the middle of August, with temperatures over 100 and me 8 months pregnant.  There has been a good breeze and today and we were able to repair the unit, not replace it...yet.  He told us to plan on it in the future though.

Plus, as I remember hearing it bad things come in threes.  That means we're finished for awhile, right?  A girl can dream anyway!

No comments: