Friday, March 13, 2009

Surprise

So, I’ve been pretty much gone for two weeks. Last week I was avoiding posting like the plague (more on that later) and this week it’s felt like we’ve had the plague!

I am one of those people that likes to keep some things to myself for a little while, especially when the news is big. But with that the thoughts of it can become so intense that it’s hard to write about other things. Hence the reason I didn’t write last week.

I thought I’d let the girls share the news with you.



Yep, I’m pregnant.


If you look back I the comments from this post, you’ll see we were planning to have at least one more child, but not right now. Of course at the time I was writing that, I was already pregnant and didn’t have a clue. God has a sense of humor. He must have been chuckling to Himself, 'Silly girl thinks she's in charge.'

We’re not sure why God decided that now is a good time. From an earthly stand point the timing is not ideal—money is tight, the economy isn’t great, and we have two small children. I know that God is able to see what this child will need and what he or she will bring to earth. He already knows how He will provide the needs we don’t even know that we require. He stands outside of time and knows all. If it weren’t for that knowledge, I think I would be worried out of my mind.

We wanted more children and will love this baby. We know that Kate wants another sibling. The rest is just logistics and logistics we can handle. Because God knows all that we need.

So rejoice with us in this new blessing!

Now to decide on sleeping arrangements and who will sit where in the van...

5 comments:

Tabitha (From Single to Married) said...

oh my goodness - congratulations!! That's so exciting! And yes, even if you weren't planning it now, you are right that God will help you with everything. :)

Kristy said...

Thanks for the congrats!

Rachel H said...

congratulations Kristy!

Unknown said...

Today is my first time to read your blog (I stopped by from Gitz's blog)...and WHAT EXCITING NEWS YOU HAVE TODAY!!!
Congratulations on your new baby!

Kristy said...

Thanks Rachael and Deanna!