Monday, March 9, 2009

Sleep is for Sissies

And am I ever a sissy.

You know, most people lost an hour of sleep on Saturday night? Not me. We lost seven hours of sleep on Saturday night. Kate has been very sick. I took her to the doctor today—her temperature is 104.6 (with Advil!). She didn’t have strep according to the rapid test, but they’ll be running the two day culture. Evidently in little kids strep can manifest itself like the stomach flu. She’s dehydrated, but thankfully didn’t need an IV.

She could really use some prayers for her little body to heal quickly. She’s not had an appetite at all and we have to push fluids because she's loosing them rapidly. I could use some sleep and patience with all the cleaning, as could Justin. Gabby needs patience as she is having to wait more than she’s used to.


2 comments:

Bonnie said...

You know I'll keep you all in my prayers. I hope that everyone gets some sleep tonight and tomorrow is a better day.

Tabitha (From Single to Married) said...

your poor baby - that is the worst, when little ones are sick. I hope she feels better soon!