Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day to my Valentines,


big


and small.

I'm thankful for my husband who remembered to get me a card and have it waiting for me this morning. His family always celebrated things at dinner, but in my family birthday things and other special gifts were waiting at the breakfast table, so we could enjoy them all day, so even when he remembered I thought he forgot. I'm glad that he accommodates his silly wife now.

I got the girls pretty pencils for Vanetine's Day. I had intended to do more, but I've been miserably ill. I cut out little heart shaped notes and left those with the pencils at the table for them. They were so excited. I said I had intended to do more, but Kate looked at me and said, "Oh Mama, this is plenty!" Proud Mama moment.


For lunch, I cut out little hearts in their sandwiches


and we made a black forest dump cake for dessert for dinner tonight, which I hardly tinkered with at all. Except that I left out the nuts. And I baked it in two round pans instead of one 9x13. And I shortened the time to 50 minutes. And I didn't serve it in the pans, but flipped it upside down in a trifle bowl (which is actually an inverted cake plate) to serve it. But other than that I think it's exactly the same. ahem.

So on this Valentine's Day, may your cards be early, your sandwiches heart shaped and your desserts chocolate and gooey!

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Got my card for breakfast too!! Hope you all have a Happy Valentine's Day!! Love you.