Thursday, December 9, 2010

The Tree that Wouldn't

Justin and I have debated for weeks what we're going to do about a Christmas tree. The little fellow is in to everything and we're sure a tree would be awfully inviting.

We finally settled on using the four foot tree that I bought for his office at the end of a season a of couple years ago. He'd never used it, but we drug in our patio table, which I topped with a green bed sheet as he dug the tree out of the garage.

When he brought it in, I was disappointed to see that it was only a three foot tree. Then the real disappointment came. The thing was pitiful.


The pot it was supposed to sit in was broken and there was bits of concrete everywhere.


It couldn't even stand up.

So we put it back in the garage, the table back outside and we've been celebrating Advent without a tree so far. I think we're going to put up the big tree soon and just deal with the little hands. It could be fun! I'm sure the kiddos will like having the bigger tree, so it will be nice. And hopefully the little guy will learn quickly.

No comments: