Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

I spent quite a few years not liking this holiday at all. I would skip church because I hated not being among the mothers. It was very difficult, but now I’ve been blessed with three children.

My husband gave me Friday afternoon off. I went out all by myself (well, baby was with me but he/she isn't getting into any trouble yet other than making me nauseous). No one to carry, no car seats to buckle and unbuckle, no restocking the shelves as we pass by because curious hands pulled items off as we walked past. It was quiet. What a great Mother’s Day present.

I love my girls with all my heart, but every now and then a couple of hours off is quite a joy. But I wouldn’t trade them for all the world.

Happy Mother’s day to my Mama and the other mothers out there. And those who are waiting, I pray you’re holding your baby next Mother’s Day!


2 comments:

Bonnie said...

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to you too. I'm glad you finally got to a mother. You are a wonderful Mama to your girls.

Tabitha (From Single to Married) said...

good for you - I'm glad you were able to take some time off! Everyone needs some now and then. :)