Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Want To Meet Baby?

We got to go see our newest addition yesterday afternoon. Our friend Ann came and stayed with the girls, so Justin could come along and "meet" baby too. Baby had a heart rate of 173 BPM (beats per minute), and all looked good.



The baby's head is to the right, a hand by the face, and you can see one of the legs to the left. The baby was wiggling and active during the ultrasound. It's really easy to tell which part is what on the screen, but not quite so much in the picture.

He or she is measuring two days ahead. Both Kate and Gabby measured small. Kate's was so far off they said she was conceived after the positive test. Uh, yeah. Perhaps it is a boy or maybe a little girl just had a big growth spurt. We'll see in November!

Justin kept saying he wanted to know gender this time, but after seeing the little one yesterday he decided he could wait. Yay for another surprise! I know my mother is reading this thinking, "But I want to shop!"

We have it figured out. We'll let the tech write it down and seal it in an envelope. Grandparents can shop, but they're sworn to secrecy. No shipping anything to our house or telling anyone, since they might slip up. And of course, don't tell me!


4 comments:

Rachel H said...

yay! You know grandparents can't keep a secret! They can run to the store after the baby is born and shop up a storm :) I think I'd like another surprise baby, even though I was so anxious to know with my little girl. It's so cool to hear it in the delivery room :)

Tabitha (From Single to Married) said...

Wow - look at that!!! Awesome! Congrats once again. :)

Bonnie said...

I'm so glad you're working it out so I can find out early. It sure does help with the end of season sales if you know what you're buying for. If it's a girl, you won't need much, but if it's a boy we'll have to stock up.

Kristy said...

Rachel, since my mom does most of the shopping, I'm going to have to let her in on it. :)

Tabitha, Thanks for the congrats.

Mama, :)