Saturday, April 4, 2009

Dreamin'

One of the unusual effects of pregnancy can be vivid dreams. I’m not sure that these dreams are truly more vivid than other times, or if it’s the fact that your bladder wakes you in the middle of the night repeatedly, thus increasing the likelihood that you will have just finished a dream that you can clearly remember as you stumble to the bathroom…again.

I had one of these dreams recently. I was bowling with a bunch of the guys who I drove with in Driver’s Ed. in high school. Go figure. I haven’t seen any of these people since before I was married. As an aside, I was the only girl in that car. Guess who always had to sit in the middle if I wasn’t driving. If I was driving, the other sophomore got stuck in the middle. Sorry Todd.

Okay, back to this weird dream, our teacher, Coach Hood (who I’d incidentally known forever because we went to church together), wasn’t there. The chick from NCIS was though. Pauley Perrette. Weird, huh? Know what else? I don’t bowl.

Know what else is weird. In Driver’s Ed. I actually told my teacher I wasn’t allowed to drive on the parkway or down the by-pass. Yeah, my mom had forbidden it. When I told her, she said I could have for class. What can I say? I’m a first born, a rule follower. Can some one tell my oldest she’s supposed to follow the rules? Like not sitting on the kitchen table?!?


No comments: