Sunday, January 18, 2009

Weathering Some Stormy Days

I haven’t posted in a few days because, well, sometimes when a bit of a tornado passes through you need some time to sort things out. Life has been a bit tumultuous here. We are trying to process quite a bit of financial information regarding Justin’s place of employment. It will affect a great number of people, reaching far beyond our little family. While this will cause some difficulties for us, we pray that the problems are no greater than ours for all the others around us. We’re praying that we will be able to keep this position, since there will be cuts made. We pray that those that lose this income will be granted all that they need to make it through the coming months and years ahead.

We’ve weathered some difficult times in the course of our near ten year marriage. Moves, the loss of friends and family members, planned children (that still somehow surprised us), lots of school(!), changes in careers, and many personal trials. Through this we have always known that God will provide. There were times that we’ve wondered why our plans weren’t what God chose, but things have always worked out, God’s way. We found out Gabby was on the way right after Justin was told he was going to be let go from his last position, but we were granted this job. I believe that if He chooses for this phase of our life to end, it’s only because He has another place that He’s working on. (Matt 6:25-34) Somewhere we might not have looked had we been comfortable here. If we’re to stay, we will be glad in His mercy to let us continue to build our relationships here and to be provided for financially through this position.

I’m considering outside employment too. That’s been something we’ve talked about off and on for awhile, wondering when in the lives of our children this transition would be best, but at current, it may be our only “choice.” Perhaps there are children in a classroom in need of me. If that be, then perhaps this series of events was the only way I could be motivated to return to work. Perhaps my children need some time apart from each other. I truly don’t know the whys, and I may never know. I do know I felt prompted to get my teaching license; perhaps it was “for such a time as this.” (Ester 4:14)

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart" - Jeremiah 29:11-13

Praise be to the Father who sits upon His throne.

No comments: