Thursday, June 12, 2008

Happy Anniversary


Justin and I have been married nine years today. It doesn’t seem like it’s been nine years since the dress, the candles, the music, and the cake. Sunrise, Sunset, The Wedding Song, Cannon in D, One Hand, One Heart, the Bridal March. All the careful planning, it was a short but beautiful wedding with a small reception at the church. My mom made all the food, which I somehow forgot to eat while we were busy visiting.

Last night we were talking about how we spent the night before our wedding. He was hanging out with the guys at our apartment. They watched Veggie Tales and Life of Brian—they didn’t even finish the six-pack some one brought. Wild night! My night was so much more exciting. I dipped strawberries in chocolate with my friend Heather and my mom. Then we sat and visited with my sister, a couple of cousins, and another friend. I guess we’ve never been the wild party, staying out all night type.

Our celebration this year looks to be similar to that night in several ways, quiet and unpretentious. We’ll have grilled pork steaks and go to our small group meeting with people from church. No crazy night out or grand gestures. It’s just enough to know that we’re with each other.

No comments: