Thursday, January 26, 2012

Yesterday

Yesterday...my oldest little darling decided she couldn't do her math. An hour later it was done, but it was not an easy hour.

My darling middle child didn't finish breakfast. Or lunch. She didn't finish them at snack time either (I hold back her unfinished meals for later, to encourage her to eat what she is served). So last night for dinner she ate the corn from lunch, the last several mini wheats from breakfast, and her large dinner salad. Do you know why? She knew we were going to have tapioca pudding (to go along with one of her sister's history lessons). She knew she couldn't have it if she hadn't eaten her normal food, so she ate it all. All. And then she didn't even like the tapioca. (Me either--ick.)

Finally, I settled down with a nice steaming cup of coffee. The littlest darling climbed up in my lap. He was going to be sweet, but then he started rocking us...hard. Nice steaming coffee was sloshing all over my lap until Justin came to take the little guy off to safety and I was able to clean up.

Maybe today will be a better day. I have learned not to say, "It can't get worse," because of course it can, but a girl can dream, right?

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

I hope no one got burned from the hot coffee! Also, hope you have a better day today.

Kristy said...

Thankfully I was holding the cup away from him and I wasn't burned.

Jo-Anne said...

Ugh! Sometimes I think they have their own little 'darling' conspiracies. Hopefully today will be a better day to even it all out.
P.S. I can't wait to see the quilt when it's all done. I wish I could sew that well. =)