Friday, May 20, 2011

Kate-ism

Last week, Justin was later at work than I had expected, so I was going to grill our steaks--generally he does the grilling these days, since we try not to leave the children (Nate specifically) unattended for more than 15 seconds. Um, yeah. I couldn't get the grill to light. The ignitor went out, I tried to light it with a match, but well, fire and I don't get along very well, so that didn't work. I wound up with our steaks in the oven, under the boiler. My mom didn't use the boiler (if we had one--I'm not even sure that we did), so with no experience I pulled out my faithful Betty Crocker. Betty didn't have the particular cut of meat listed, so I made a guess. I guessed a few minutes too long, so our steaks were...a bit crispy.

Yesterday, Justin was outside with the kids. Kate, seeing the grill, noted, "I don't like my steak grilled. I prefer it burned."


(Kate with her 'unicorn,' a horse with an Elmo thermometer shoved in the bridle)

2 comments:

Jo-Anne said...

That's hilarious! =)

Bonnie said...

Yep, we always had a broiler. My mother rarely used hers, so I rarely used mine. About all I ever did was put BBQ sauce on leftover pork and browned it under the broiler(which I learned from my mother). I was always afraid that I'd catch something on fire!
Love Kate's unicorn!! What an imagination!!