Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Registered

My little gal is growing up. Yesterday I took Miss Kate to register her for kindergarten. Had we stayed in Kansas, she wouldn't have started school for another year, but here in Tennessee she scrapes in a couple of days under the deadline.


Here she is with her ice cream cone we got after her immunizations last week.

We went to the school yesterday morning and got the paperwork to fill out, birth certificate, social security card, lease, immunization record, and health release in hand--nothing like bureaucracy. The office was quite busy as we stepped inside. One of the secretaries called for the mainance fellow to set up a couple of tables in the cafeteria. I think she took pity on me as I was standing trying to fill out forms with Nate wrapped up in the Moby (reaching for the pen) and keeping an eye on the girls.

Kate was quite impressed with the playground and all the panda bears they had decorating the school. The pandas are quite funny because when we first moved to Kansas, Kate saw a sign for a Panda Express on the other side of town. She made up this great story about how she went to Panda Bear Preschool--I wrote about it here. We thought she'd forgotten about it, but this week as we were driving over to Target we saw another Panda Express and she excitedly prattled off, "That used to be my preschool! During the day it's a preschool and at night it's a place to eat!" So Kate finally gets to go to the Panda Bear School.

I asked her if she was more excited about learning to read or to do math and she told me, "Nope. The playground!" I guess she has her priorities straight.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Kate looks like she's having a good time eating her ice cream cone! No signs of the trauma from going to the Dr. I hope that she really likes her PANDA school!!