Saturday, July 5, 2008

Independance Day

I took a little time to think about the holiday yesterday. Most of our past 4ths have been spent celebrating with friends, food and fireworks in Evansville. There were 8 years of that for me. Even after Justin’s parents moved away we were able to meet up with friends there for a few years. We enjoyed that, but time has come for a break from that, at least for awhile. Last year we were in the middle of ‘the big move’ and didn’t make any plans, which was to our advantage, since we held my grandmother’s funeral that day. This year I took some time to read The Declaration of Independence. It had been quite awhile since I read through the whole thing—if it’s been awhile for you, you might ought to take a look (here) too. We are truly blessed to be free. It was to be a quiet evening at home.

Well, that was the plan. Just as the potatoes were wrapped to put on the grill we got a call that the new professor needed help unloading. It wasn’t what I had in mind, but we packed up the girls and headed over there. We both helped for awhile and when the girls got tired of waiting patiently I stood with them and waited. We did a Gatorade run for everyone too. Justin invited them out to dinner, unfortunately we didn’t have enough food planned for them too. We were late getting home and collapsed into bed last night.

I hope you had a good Fourth and you had a little time to be thankful for what was done for you.

No comments: