Saturday, May 10, 2008

Surprised

Today I was truly surprised. I got a notice in my mailbox last night that I had a package waiting for me at the post office. Justin’s birthday is on Monday, so I thought perhaps it was a gift for him sent into my care. When I was given the box, it was from my dear friend in Maryland. We had talked recently about a book that she would send me when she was finished, but surely she hadn’t sent me this many books. I couldn’t wait to get home to open it. She’s a very thoughtful lady and anything she sent must be wonderful, but I had no idea.

I had written to several of my friends, and requested that they be praying for my back to recover. She shared my difficulties with her Bible study group and I knew they had been praying for me. They put together a beautiful care package and sent it to me. It’s full of wonderful things, a bath set, books, a CD, coffee, chocolate, kleenxes, and much more. These ladies, whom I’ve never met, gave me the gift of their prayers and then this gift too. I feel truly blessed.

No comments: